Friday, April 17, 2009

Update from my Friend Edgar.

Hi

Yes we all made it! It’s just the change in temperature of 25C that can get to you. I’ll give you more detail when I see you again, but here is a quick update.

The times you see posted on the web are gun times, there is no adjustment for delays at the start and medals are awarded according to those times, just like Round the Bay. Anyway, Denise was ahead of Rod by about 2 minutes so I think that her time was 2:45 and Rod 2:47. I crept in at, according to my watch, 5:50:39.

I did a few time checks along the way and reached the 21-1 kms mark in 1:53 and the top of Chapman’s Peak (33 kms) at :3:12. It was also the first time that I’ve had to walk downhill. I tried to slow down but my legs were so tired after the uphill that I had to stop and walk to get some life back into them. On this race there are no pace bunnies, sorry Jen, but there are time markers who have the time by which they will end the race. This was for anyone wanting to do under a certain time. So you’d see a sub 4 marker and a sub 5 marker etc. I don’t think the runners at the front of the pack needed to be told the time. I didn’t see them, but there were Russian twins who crossed the line together to win the women’s section.

I’ll try to get the full results section and bring them with me. The actual expo was poor, David’s Run the Lake has a better expo.

Anyway I must waddle off now because we are going to visit friends who live in a little fishing village about an hour’s drive away and then tomorrow we are going wine-tasting. I’ve been driving like a demon on the other side of the road and really not finding it too bad.

Edgar, Denise, Rod and Val

PS, Eduardo Bandito has been seen on some of our trips!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive